August 16, 2012





When you take Monday and Tuesday as vacation days, the week sure seems to fly by!  Here it is Thursday already, and I must confess, I'm not even completely unpacked from camping.  Since I'm still wishing I was in Door County, I'll share with you one of my favorite places in Peninsula State Park--Eagle Bluff.  My family finishes up supper and dishes in time to jump in the car and drive over to this spot and watch the sunset over the water.  Small islands dot the horizon and you can sometimes see a sailboat or two making for land as the last rays hit the water.  It is beautiful, peaceful and serene.  Perhaps Wordsworth had a favorite place like Eagle Bluff....

Sonnet No. 4
William Wordsworth

It is a beauteous evening, calm and free,
The holy time is quiet as a Nun
Breathless with adoration, the broad sun
Is sinking down in its tranquility;
The gentleness of heaven broods o'er the Sea.



May your day be as calm and lovely as this picture!  Do you have a favorite vacation place?

No comments:

Post a Comment