August 29, 2012





Last night a song by Harry Belafonte kept running through my mind...Turn Around--the song about a little girl who grows up so fast.  Yesterday my youngest son headed back to college, but my 'baby girl' stayed in her apartment all summer, working as a nanny for three special needs teenagers.  She tackled so much this summer--staying by herself in an unairconditioned apartment during the state's hottest summer on record, taking two summer school classes towards her degree in Human Services, working with young boys who needed a lot of TLC and direction, supporting herself and paying her bills--I am so proud of her!  She has become an amazing young woman....but I miss that little girl that loved to snuggle in my lap.  Thank goodness you never grow too old for hugs!


Where are you going
My little one, little one
Where are you going
My baby, my own
Turn around and you’re two
Turn around and you’re four
Turn around and you’re a young girl
Going out of the door






I hope you make time today to hug someone you love...life moves at such a fast pace but we all need to take time to express our love for others.  Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment