Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- Prep Time:30 min
- Level: Easy
- Serves:12 servings
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (I used Nilla Wafers instead of the Chessmen cookies--the cookies are ridiculously expensive!)
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake
(sorry, I really didn't name this cake...)
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Small Can Pumpkin Puree
1 - 14 oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 - 8 oz. Tub Cool Whip
1/2 bag Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce
1. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms. I actually added all the ingredients to make the yellow cake mix (1 egg, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 cup water), but the original recipe calls just for the cake mix and the pumpkin. Extra ingredients or not, mix the cake mix and pumpkin together until a smooth batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees according to the directions on the cake mix box.
3. Let cool for about 10 minutes after baking. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
4. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Spread the cool whip over the top of the cake. Sprinkle on heath bits and drizzle caramel over the top.6. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight for best results.