February 11, 2013

I might as well admit it here on my blog...I am an incurable, hopeless romantic!  And I love love love period dramas, especially those set in England, so it is no surprise to my friends and family that I am completely obsessed with Downton Abbey.  And thankfully, last night's episode means I can finally remove the bumper sticker from my car that reads "Release Mr. Bates" because the temporarily star-crossed lovers, Anna and her Mr. Bates, have finally been reunited.  Huzzah for the British justice system and two hip-hip-hoorays for loyal Anna and her unstoppable quest to free her husband from prison! 

It's Valentine week, so I thought it would be fun to take a peek at some fiction-inspired Valentines.  Let's pour a cup of tea and start (where else?) at Downton Abbey, with a peek at my favorite couple, Anna and John Bates.



Disturbingly close to my real life....




I would love you
HOWEVER, WHATEVER, WHENEVER

Valentines à la Downton, anyone?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/121467815/downton-abbey-bates-valentines-day-card
Downton Abbey Valentine's Day card
http://www.etsy.com/listing/119523304/downton-abbey-valentines-day-card
This poem by Puritan poet Anne Bradstreet seems the obvious choice today...I could see Anna penning something similar to John, if only she could take a break from dressing Lady Mary!

http://www.eloquent-web-and-graphic-design.com/2012_spring/sec_02/michal_holmes/final_project/poems.html


I'll be back tomorrow for some Valentine magic with another favorite couple...

1 comment:

  1. I love all the British period movies, too. I know it's just a show, but so glad Mr.Bates is finally out of prison and back with his loving wife Anna. There has already been so much drama and sadness this season... I just can't imagine how they are going to top it... But you KNOW the writers are going to put some sort of shocker in there, to make us go insane while we wait a whole year to find out what happened!

    ReplyDelete