March 11, 2014



Here is the banner I made last weekend for my china cabinet. I am having such fun creating banners and it really adds that extra "oomph" to the cabinet.  I love the beautiful floral paper--it promises spring will come even if the snow is still piled high outside.  I'm sorry about the glare--the cabinet faces my sun room and no matter what angle I tried I couldn't lose the reflection.

Does anyone else feel all discombobulated from the time change?  I am sleepy at the wrong time, wide awake at the wrong time and all over just a little confused.  It usually takes a week for my body to settle in to the new time, but it's a shame that just as I was starting to feel better the time change has zapped me!  One thing after another, but even if I am feeling a little off kilter it was wonderful coming home from work yesterday and having the sun still shining.  And when I stepped out of the car in my driveway--music to my ears--I could hear water trickling down the driveway into the street as the fifty degree weather was working its melting magic on the snow drifts!  

Here's a cute little poem by Phyllis McGinley to start the day off on a timely note...



Daylight Savings Time


In Spring when maple buds are red,

We turn the Clock an hour ahead;

Which means, each April that arrives,

We lose an hour 

Out of our lives.



Who cares? When Autumn birds in flocks

Fly southward, back we turn the Clocks,

And so regain a lovely thing--

That missing hour 

We lost last Spring.


Have a wonderful day and enjoy that extra sunlight this afternoon!





1 comment: