October 14, 2013

Roaming over hill and dale...

O Mistress Mine Where are you Roaming?


By William Shakespeare
 

O Mistress mine where are you roaming?

O stay and hear, your true love's coming,

      That can sing both high and low.

Trip no further pretty sweeting.

Journeys end in lovers' meeting,

      Every wise man's son doth know.



What is love, 'tis not hereafter,

Present mirth, hath present laughter:

      What's to come, is still unsure.

In delay there lies no plenty,

Then come kiss me sweet and twenty:

      Youth's a stuff will not endure. 
    I've been roaming, my friends!  I took a few weeks off from my blog to enjoy my time with my mother, and then attended a conference in Rhode Island, followed by a few days on Cape Cod with my husband.  I have lots to share with you, but today I thought I'd ease back into my writing routine heavy on the pictures and lighter on the text.  Sunday's weather was a siren's call to be outdoors, so with sunny blue skies beckoning us we packed a picnic lunch and made our way to Blue Mounds State Park, a lovely park in southwestern Wisconsin.  I'll write more about the park and the memories it evoked tomorrow, but for today I hope you enjoy some of the autumn colors we experienced.


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
― Albert Camus


“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple...”


 “Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile.”
― William Cullen Bryant


"I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.”
―Lee Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment