December 2, 2013

Count your blessings...


Good morning! Happy Monday and hello to December!  I can't believe I took a whole week off from my blog, but between working, readying the house for Thanksgiving guests, finishing some craft projects and a furniture re-do, plus grocery shopping/cooking I simply couldn't think straight enough to write anything worth reading last week.  I hope everyone had a wonderful time over Thanksgiving--it truly is one of my favorite days of the year.  I love celebrating all that we have to be thankful for, and this year I had many blessings to count.  I hate the way Thanksgiving gets lost in the craziness of Black Friday and Christmas sales, so I am going to spend this first week of December counting my blessings, before moving on to Christmas.  I'm not quite ready to stop saying thank you yet.

Blessing number one:

I am thankful for the love of my life, my darling husband.  We were married over Thanksgiving weekend 31 years ago, and the night before Thanksgiving this year we were incredibly blessed to have ALL of our children and their spouse/fiance'/significant others join us, along with my brother, sister-in-law and their children for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner and anniversary celebration.  And for that, I am incredibly thankful!


31 years of marriage, and still happily in love!
Blessing number two:

What could be nicer than having all our children home to celebrate with us?


Unless it is also having my daughter-in-law, my daughter's fiance' and my two sons' girlfriends join us as well...


Here's a sweet poem by Berniece Norton about family and blessings...a good way to start a new week and a new month.  

A FAMILY IS A BLESSING

A family is a blessing
It means so many things
Words can never really tell
The joy a family brings.

A family is a mutual love
The love of a father and mother
Showing children how to love
And care for one another.

A family is heartfelt pride
The feeling deep and strong
That makes us glad to play a part
And know that we belong.

A family is a bond of faith
That holds us close together
A gift to last throughout our lives
A family is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment