October 7, 2012

 

I had so much fun last night! My husband and I attended a practically perfect concert that brought back so many happy Disney memories.  If you ever have the chance to catch a production of Disney In Concert:  Magical Music from the Movies I urge you to get tickets--you will be transported back in time and once again be an excited "Mouseketeer".  Starting with Disney favorites from the Mickey Mouse Club and the  park favorite of "It's a Small World After All" the music highlighted beautiful and moving musical themes of the past fifty years.  We roamed the world and visited princesses and their heroes via Cinderella, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Pocahontas.  We sang along with Mary Poppins in Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious and rode the waves with Pirates of the Caribbean.  It was a magical night. 

And of course, it brought back so many memories...of my daughter's Pocahontas Halloween costume (complete with winter coat and boots, which slightly dampened the effect), of my son's Lion King bedroom (complete with grass mats on the walls for that authentic 'safari' look!), of my daughter's Christmas wish one year...for a Little Mermaid giga-pet (that was of course completely sold out, but I'll revisit the rest of that story at Christmas!), of our first family trip to Disneyland where we discovered magic and fantasy really did still exist, of our Disney ornaments that adorn our tree each year with happy memories attached to them, of the first time I saw St. Paul's Cathedral in London, and in my head I could hear Mary Poppins singing Feed the Birds.  What a gift Walt Disney gave the world and I am so glad I had a chance to experience the magic once again last night.

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life
 
The show closed with the powerful song Circle of Life from the 
Lion King.  The lyrics are so powerful and beautiful.  I hope you enjoy 
them, and I hope you find some whimsical magic in your day!  

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and plan to come back when I have ample time to look around and read...love poetry, love tea!

    ReplyDelete