October 5, 2012

Come along inside….
We’ll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place

  The Wind in the WillowsPinned Image

Happy Friday!  The week flew by and here we are again with all sorts of possibilities for the weekend.  What are your plans?  I'm going to a chamber orchestra concert tonight, a pops concert tomorrow night, and I'm hoping to take a ride in the country on Sunday if it's not too cold.  Plus attend my running class and get my hair cut.  There's also a couple of movies coming out I'd like to see, but my list is getting rather long for just two days!  Don't forget Masterpiece Theater premieres season two of Upstairs/Downstairs on Sunday night!   Here's a fun little poem from Rudyard Kipling that certainly shows his reliance on tea...I wonder if his teapot was as cute as this one?  It's going to be a breezy, chilly weekend...just perfect for fresh pastries and a hot cup of tea! 

                                                     We had a kettle; we let it leak:
                                                   Our not repairing made it worse.
                                                  We haven’t had any tea for a week…
                                                   The bottom is out of the Universe.


                           Here's hoping your Universe stays firmly in place this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment