August 14, 2013

There are places I remember

Do you ever wonder how I get my blog post ideas?  Here's an example...I was wandering around on the hiking trail last weekend and snapped a pretty shot of the trail with a little bend in the road.  Into my mind popped the song "The Long and Winding Road" and of course, being a blogger, I tucked the idea away at the back of my brain that maybe that would make a nice title for the picture.  Well...!!!  The idea not only stayed firmly in place but grew and expanded and all of a sudden every picture I took came with a mental Rolodex that was busily flipping through Beatles songs matching lyrics to pictures.  Kind of weird.  Kind of irritating after awhile but I couldn't seem to stop.  So without further ado, I give you Door County, scenery by God and music by the one and only Beatles.
Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know, I need someone
Help!

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been her
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say all right


The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before it always leads me here
Leads me to your door

Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry
Because the sky is blue....aaaaaahhhhhhh

There is a place
Where I can go
When I feel low
When I feel blue

One day you'll look to see I've gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
Some day you'll know I was the one
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

Good day sunshine, good day sunshine
I need to laugh and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about
I feel good in a special way
I'm in love and it's a sunny day

Good day sunshine, good day sunshine
We take a walk, the sun is shining down
Burns my feet as they touch the ground
Good day sunshine!

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying, it is not dying
Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void
It is shining, it is shining
Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing

When I get older losing my hair
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

You'll be older too
And if you say the word
I could stay with you.

All you need is love
All you need is love
Love is all you need.

 Sit beside a mountain stream, see her waters rise
Listen to the pretty sound of music as she flies
Find me in my field of grass, Mother Nature's son
Swaying daisies sing a lazy song beneath the sun.

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines
So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now 
You know I believe and how

Oh please, say to me
You'll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand
I wanna hold your hand
I wanna hold your hand

What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends

 I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade
We would shout and swim about
The coral that lives beneath the waves
Oh what joy for every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy and they're safe

Martha my dear, though I spend my days in conversation
Please
Remember me Martha my love
Don't forgt me Martha my dear

Take a good look around you
Take a good look you're bound to see
That you and me were meant to be for each other

Martha my dear, you have always been my inspiration
Please 
Be good to me Martha my love
Don't forget me Martha my dear

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
You make.

May your day be filled with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment