August 7, 2013

Galena homes

Happy Wednesday!  It's a short week for me, as my husband and I are planning to head "up north" again this weekend, hopefully sans rainstorms.  It's our second (and last) camping trip of the summer, and I can't help but feel a little regretful that summer was on the cooler, rainy side and didn't allow too much camping time.  It seems like a long time until next June rolls around again.  But I am totally looking forward to this weekend, and I've got my fingers crossed I can talk my husband into a good ol' fashioned Door County fish boil on Friday night.  Followed by a campfire and some cherry pie....what are the John Denver lyrics?....almost heaven....
I thought you might like to see a few more of the lovely homes from our weekend trip to Galena, IL.  I felt that if I just squinted my eyes a little I would probably see some hoop skirted ladies fanning themselves on the front porch while sipping lemonade. We saved the grandest mansion, Belvedere, plus President Grant's home, for our next visit, but here are a few of the homes we admired during our stroll:


I love all the bunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment