April 7, 2013

If ever two were one, then surely we

 

This is to the crown and blessing of my life,
The much loved husband of a happy wife.
(from To A Husband by Anne Kingsmill Finch)

I normally take Sundays off but today is special--it's my dear husband's birthday and I simply couldn't let the day pass by without acknowledging how much his support and love means to me.  We started as co-workers, became good friends and then somehow the spark of love was lit and there was no turning back.  We've been married over thirty years, and there hasn't been a day that has gone by that he hasn't let me know by his words and actions how much he loves me.  I am a blessed woman.
 

To My Dear and Loving Husband
 by Anne Bradstreet
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can in no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
Then while we live, in love lets so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your special love! Here's wishing you many more birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dear husband! Enjoy your day and spoil him more than a little!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Congratulations and a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet tribute to your husband. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete