April 19, 2013

I open every door...

I've always loved this quote by Emily Dickinson, and today it started me thinking about doors and the symbolic lessons they can teach.  I've always been captivated by doors--they beckon to you and invite you in for an adventure.  They symbolize the possibility of  life.  So this morning I'm sharing a few of my favorite quotes paired with some of my vacation photos.  Let's start the weekend off on the right note with the full poem by Emily. 

NOT knowing when the dawn will come
  I open every door;
Or has it feathers like a bird,
  Or billows like a shore?

Not really a door per se, but an entrance at Cana Lighthouse looking towards Lake Michigan




Doorway in Santorini, Greece, looking out towards the harbor

Courtyard doorway, Mykonos, Greece


Santorini courtyard door
Santorini, Greece
Have a beautiful Friday!

1 comment: