September 24, 2015

Watch now, how I start the day...



Hello!  I find it amazing how much WORK can pile up during a week of vacation.  I have been looking forward to sharing a few special moments with you from last week, but since my return I've been dealing with an out-of-control end-of-summer garden and a paperwork pile-up at the office that grew to rather staggering proportions!  And then there is the unpacking and the laundry...I'm sure you've all been there/done that.  Looking forward to vacation is so much fun...coming home, not so much.


Phil and I were lucky enough to find a sweet little cabin nestled in the woods outside of Branson, Missouri.  It was just what I needed...away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and a place where we could both unwind and simply breathe.  The cabin's name?  Serenity.  Ah yes, just what the doctor ordered...

We had a hiking trail right behind our cabin

A lovely swing on our enclosed back porch for blissful reading (and naps)

And our own private lake at the end of the trail

Serenity and peace.  What more could I ask for?  The only thing that made this even better was tucking my favorite poetry book by Mary Oliver in my backpack...



Tomorrow I'll share some of my less sedate moments from our vacation.  Was there a ZIP LINE involved??  Stay tuned for the adventures of Phil and Martha!!

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who make the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and crotchety–
best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light–
good morning, good morning, good morning.
Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment