April 15, 2014

Laughter...it helps!

“Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.”
―L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 
Good morning!  Yesterday morning I got up with every intention of posting my blog, but the fates were against me.  My computer kept crashing (with this perky little message "aw snap!  looks like your computer crashed!  would you like to restart?)  "Aw snap"?? Really--my computer tells me "aw, snap" ?!  And then of course, there was Mother Nature's Monday morning offering right outside my window...
 
 
All in all, it made for a bleak and exasperating start to the day.  Sunday had mostly been spent on doing taxes (can you say procrastination?) and Monday morning just seemed a little too much to handle.
 
 
But thank goodness, I get a "re-do" this morning and have managed to find a thing or two to smile about.  One--my husband installed our new under-cabinet lights in the kitchen yesterday.  They look great!  Two--all my children will be home for Easter!  As Martha Stewart would say "that's a good thing."  Three--taxes are done, filed, and already accepted by IRS.  Whew.  Four--since Saturday I have managed to find my dress for my daughter's wedding, book the photobooth, musician AND the cake designer.  I'm starting to breathe easier--four checks off my to-do list!  And last, but certainly not least of all, I have a family that makes me laugh.  If you don't believe me, just check out these family photos from the last couple of weeks. 
 
Day without Laughter Whole Woman Network

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Maya Angelou
 
Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile.
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
Audrey Hepburn
 
Smile and the world will smile with you

“Laughter is carbonated holiness.”
 
“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ― Mother Teresa
“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol 
 
You’re never fully dressed without a smile. – Martin Charnin
 
May your day be rich with laughter and smiles...stop by tomorrow for some baby shower pictures, because how can you not smile about a baby?  Let's end this post with one of my all-time faves by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and have a wonderful day!

"To laugh often and much"

To laugh often and much
to win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
                                      

1 comment: