April 17, 2014

April baby showers bring....May babies!  Yesterday I shared some of the planning that went into my son and daughter-in-law's shower, and today I thought you might like to see some of the crafty ideas we used for decorating.  Having the story book theme made it all so much fun!  Since everyone was home for the big birthday bash the night before the shower, I put everyone to work helping with all the finishing touches.

I had found an old fairy tale book that had seen far better days, and it became a wreath that we hung over the dessert table. My son's girlfriend, who is an education major, offered to help assemble the wreath.  Teachers can be so crafty--thanks, Maddie!



She also assembled colorful pinwheels made from Dr. Seuss's Hop on Pop, which became centerpieces on the tables, along with lovely floral bouquets.  They were really easy to make, and added a fun pop of color to the tables.


Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, my daughter was designing the cupcake toppers:


My sons were baking cupcakes:


My mother was busily cutting out many, many bookmarks to use as favors:


And I worked on assembling the banners that we used for the food and gift tables:


It was a true labor of love, and we all had fun working on it. Tomorrow I'll show you how it all came together!


No comments:

Post a Comment