May 13, 2013

I want this seat...actually a glass of wine with the coaster!  Adirondack chairs are so summery!

Find what brings you joy and go there.


And finally, after twenty months, we're off!  Time for a vacation--a time to relax, renew, and reconnect with each other and with ourselves.  The last year in particular has been a tough one for our family--we've faced serious and life-threatening illnesses of family members, tragedy, deaths of loved ones, job worries, a job change, the realities of getting two children through college, and on and on and on.  But the time has come to put aside our worries for a while and hit the road!


No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell.

-- Jewish Proverb 

  
I'll be back in a couple of weeks with new stories and new stories.  I can't wait to share our adventures with you!  Since we are both history buffs, we are visiting Monticello, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Berkeley Plantation and Gettysburg. 


Those that say you can't take it with you never saw a car packed for a vacation trip. -- Author Unknown

But of course,  before we can pack for our vacation, we have to make a trip to the laundromat.  Our washing machine inexplicably died on Saturday, just as I was getting ready to wash everything for our trip.  How sad that this didn't surprise me!  It was one of those 'the story of my life' moments.  I'm not keen on laundromats, but at least I can bring the clothes home to dry.  And then my husband will pack the car in the awesome way he has of always making everything fit.  He would rock at Tetris, because no matter what we throw at him, he manages to make it fit.

 Note To Self.. Relax. - #Typography #Quote - http://goo.gl/HKqa8

So I'll be back in a couple of weeks, and in the meantime may spring finally arrive wherever you live!


 Relaxation quoted
 

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time, Martha! Relax, enjoy.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete