May 23, 2016

Anticipation...

The special week has arrived!!  In a few short days, we'll know whether grandchild number two will be a special little boy...


or a special little girl! Since my son and daughter-in-law have chosen to not find out the baby's gender, or given even a teeny tiny hint of what names they are considering, it's all going to be a BIG REVEAL!  (I think I've watched a tad too much HGTV lately...)



But before the baby arrives, first we had to celebrate Miss Lily's second birthday with a fun gathering of family and friends over the weekend...




she's got candle blowing mastered! 



She also knows how to make her grandparents' hearts melt...


Sunday I finally had a chance to get out in my garden and tackle weeding and mulching.  My back and legs are not thanking me this morning, but the effort was soooo worth it!  The lilacs have faded, but the peonies are promising to bloom soon...


 and the irises are just starting to open up.  I love their fragrance!



I put a "peony" border in my small side garden - what do you think?!  I'd been waiting for a chance to try one of these plate borders, and when I found this set of peony plates at Goodwill I knew exactly where they should go!


The white plate garden decoration is from my daughter and check out my new teapot and teacups wind chime!


It was finally time to bring the gazing ball out, and even though it's newly planted the scent of lavender is already wafting through the garden.




The view from my deck glider at the end of a lovely weekend...truly, it doesn't get much better than this!  I sat and listened to the birds sing their little hearts out, and thought of Emily Dickinson's Sabbath poem.


Some keep the Sabbath going to Church –
I keep it, staying at Home –
With a Bobolink for a Chorister –
And an Orchard, for a Dome –

Some keep the Sabbath in Surplice –
I, just wear my Wings –
And instead of tolling the Bell, for Church,
Our little Sexton – sings.

God preaches, a noted Clergyman –
And the sermon is never long,
So instead of getting to Heaven, at last –
I’m going, all along.
Have a lovely day, my friends!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment