March 21, 2016




"If Spring came but once in a century, instead of once a year, or burst forth with the sound of an earthquake, and not in silence, what wonder and expectation would there be in all hearts to behold the miraculous change?   

~~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Sometimes it's the little things in life that bring the most pleasure.  A date night with my husband, browsing at the antiques store, and scattering small touches of spring around my home brought a smile to my face and quiet contentment to my soul this weekend.  Hanging a cheerful reminder in the kitchen...


and enjoying a hot cup of coffee early in the morning from my favorite coffee mug, with the luxury of a whole day stretching before me with no demands on my time...




other than watching my sweet dog sit and wait for unsuspecting passers-by to catch her attention was enough.




The afternoon light highlighted a simple bouquet of flowers, adding grace and beauty to a room...


and the sunlight streaming through my bay window cast rainbows around my living room.


Emily Dickinson knew a thing or two about that special light that spring brings with its arrival...


A LIGHT exists in spring
  Not present on the year
At any other period.
  When March is scarcely here
  
A color stands abroad
  On solitary hills
That silence cannot overtake,
  But human nature feels.
  
It waits upon the lawn;
  It shows the furthest tree
Upon the furthest slope we know;
  It almost speaks to me.
  
Then, as horizons step,
  Or noons report away,
Without the formula of sound,
  It passes, and we stay:
  
A quality of loss
  Affecting our content,
As trade had suddenly encroached
  Upon a sacrament.


I hope we all find the light today, and let its beams fill our hearts with joy!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment