July 1, 2015


He loves me...


He loves me not...

Fortunately, I know it's the first statement, not the second!  And when I go camping with my husband, I am always so grateful for his patience while I stop to take pictures, and then some more pictures, and then one more picture....


He has the patience of a saint, as I walk through the woods in the state park and the small villages that are nestled in by the harbors, stopping every few seconds to take another photo.  And of course, poems and ideas are running through my brain all the while...who knew writing a blog could be so much fun?


I thought you might enjoy a few glimpses of what was in bloom so far north--the flowers were stunning in the sunlight!  I particularly enjoyed seeing the peonies in bloom, as mine are long gone.



Here's a sweet little poem by William Butler Yeats, who probably penned it while walking through a field strewn with flowers like this one...


Down by the salley gardens
      my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens
      with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy,
      as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish,
      with her would not agree.

In a field by the river
      my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder
      she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy,
      as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish,
      and now am full of tears.



Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment