February 10, 2015

feelin' groovy...


My momma always says....you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.  In other words, it pays to be nice.  So, for example, if you are flying down an empty highway, in your sporty little red Camry, going slightly over the speed limit while belting out the lyrics to the 59th Street Bridge Song by Simon and Garfunkel, it pays to be extra sweet to the nice young trooper who pulls you over.  Because being friendly and cooperative and looking slightly flustered can result in a pleasant warning to slow down and be safe and have a nice day.  Thank you, Mr. Officer, for not spoiling my groovy mood.  ( (this might be a true story that I might have "forgotten" to share with my husband, but all's well that ends well, right honey??)

 

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feelin’ groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy
Hello, lamppost, what’cha knowin’?
I’ve come to watch your flowers growin’
Ain’t’cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in doo-doo, feelin’ groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy
I got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you
All is groovy

 And I'm not making this up!  Literally as I was belting out slow down, you move too fast, I saw the red lights in my rear view mirror.  He must have been hiding in a cornfield...

And now, just because it's Tuesday and it's gray and cold outside, here are a couple of pictures that make me feel extra groovy all over!!  What's not to love about a  little girl in a bonnet?


unless maybe it's a pretty blue hair ribbon to match her eyes?
 

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment