September 29, 2012

There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a cup of tea
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's early Saturday morning (and I do mean early) and I am heading off to my running class.  Hah!  I bet you thought I'd chickened out and wasn't doing it, since I haven't mentioned it again in any of my posts!  Truth is...there isn't too much to say about putting on (admittedly cool) running shoes and hitting the pavement.  I haven't discovered the poetry of running yet.  Stay tuned, maybe it will happen at some point!  But right now it's Saturday morning and I would rather be sleeping in. I have guests coming today, and a long to-do list but somehow I'll get it all done (or not) after my class.  At least my house is still pretty clean (see last Saturday's post!) 

Don't you just love this nice cup of tea print?!  It's so fun, and the background lists all things British...clotted cream, marmite, the Queen, fish and chips, red phone boxes, etc.  I just may have to order one for myself.  I love things that make me smile! I also found this fun little tea ditty yesterday and thought you might enjoy it as well.  No title or author was listed, but I love the phrases...there is magic in its fragrance, there is solace in its taste.  So true!  I hope your world becomes a lovely thing as you take time to brew a cup of tea and enjoy your day.

The Quintessentially Fine Art Print available on Bestybenn.co.uk

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.
There is magic in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.
The world becomes a lovely thing!
There’s beauty as you’ll see;
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment