August 24, 2015



And...it's Monday!  Funny how fast the weekends can fly.  And not only is it Monday, but it is also office moving day!  After a crazy discombobulated summer of sharing office cubicles, trying to figure out different copiers and printers, blocking out construction sound (and occasionally smells!) and constantly forgetting what floor I was on, today I am scheduled to move into my new surroundings.  You can look forward to seeing some pictures later this week! 


Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with all the boxes and boxes of stuff I sent to storage that mysteriously returned over the weekend and are waiting for me.  I honestly think the paper multiplied like the rabbits in my garden while it was all off site...


My weekend was lovely---just the right combination of fun and relaxation.  Phil and I spent Saturday helping our daughter and son-in-law with some house projects.  Well, technically, Phil did house projects.  I helped my daughter shop.  That was way more fun! 
 

We joined our son for dinner in Oshkosh then we all took in one of his improv performances at the Comedy House.  He continues to amaze me with his impeccable timing and comedic talent.


My beautiful summer garden is slowly turning brown and looking slightly frazzled and worn out.  I can feel fall peeking around the corner when I look at the droopy cone-flowers and bloomed out day lilies. 


But all is not lost--the wildflowers last weekend in Door County were still going strong!


I came across A Momentary Creed by Pulitzer prize winning poet W.S. Merwyn last week, and thought it would be a nice way to start this week.  I hope you enjoy it as well.

I believe in the ordinary day
that is here at this moment and is me

I do not see it going its own way
but I never saw how it came to me

it extends beyond whatever I may
think I know and all that is real to me

it is the present that it bears away
where has it gone when it has gone from me

there is no place I know outside today
except for the unknown all around me

the only presence that appears to stay
everything that I call mine it lent me

even the way that I believe the day
for as long as it is here and is me

No comments:

Post a Comment