January 14, 2014

Tranquil fantasy...


Most of the time my blog is a reflection of what is going on in my personal life, about family gatherings and celebrations, holidays, vacation and travel, and occasionally family loss and sorrow. All of the small moments that make up a day--finding a perfect poem, wishing on a falling star, dancing to a favorite song while cooking dinner.  Occasionally I may mention my work life, although I try to keep that to a minimum.  Today’s post is a tad different, coming from a completely different life of mine!  I woke up extra early this morning (as in 4 am), in part because I had a restless night’s sleep and in part because I had no idea what I was going to write about this morning and it was weighing on me.  No creative juices—no flash of inspiration—nada.  I didn’t feel like actually sitting down at my computer so early, so I staggered out to my family room sofa to watch some television, with the intention of starting to write about 5:30 or so.  Which I did, and here is my post:

It was supposed to start snowing during the wee hours of the morning, but when I peeked out the window just now the flakes have yet to begin, so I think I have time to capture a few early morning pictures with my camera.  I’ll just throw on my bathrobe and step outside to see what inspires me…

The first thing I noticed is that the wind had really started whipping the trees around:

 
But fortunately the wind hadn’t put a damper on the baseball game across the street.  I was surprised to see President Bush in attendance, but hey, our neighborhood baseball games can draw quite a crowd, especially as the stadium is across the street from my house. 

Meanwhile, as I was trying to take a good picture of the president, two joggers bumped my arm as they sprinted across my yard and around the side of my house.  I tried to get a picture of them but my shot was a little blurry as the wind was still blowing and I had slipped on the ice next to the grass when they ran by me.
 
I hurried to the backyard to see where they were going and peered down the alley to the left of my house, which I have always thought looked just like the alleyways in Amsterdam.  Not that I really know what Amsterdam alleys look like, since I’ve never been to that country.

After peeking down the alley (no joggers in sight) I rounded the corner to my backyard, and was struck by the beautiful sunrise just occurring over the lake that surrounds my backyard.  It was so beautiful and calm, and after taking a picture of the rising sun I hurried inside to write this post.  I found the perfect poem to accompany it, and it felt so good to finally have the post written and published, all before I needed to get ready for work!
 

My Sunrise

The chirp of birds in the early morning
Bless my smiles with their innocent calling
I head outside with my blanket wrapped around
And lay there listening to this memorable sound.

Inspiring orange light of dawn, infatuating
With all colours the sun rise is portraying
Its cheerful glow fills my heart with serenity
And takes me to a tranquil fantasy.

Amaranth red shimmers of vitality
Creating the most curing reality
Shines transparently through my soul
And takes me to a place so beautiful.

Hues emphasise pure yellow rays of hope
That warms my aura lost in the clouds reflective pink coat
This morning ambience has risen bright
Like heaven shone down with its piercing light.

There will be no melancholy, only a feeling so gay
Because my sun, you've just started my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment