November 27, 2015



What a wonderful weekend!  Thanksgiving at my son and daughter-in-law's, complete with all my family.  One big circle of love--my heart overflowed with love and gratitude for all our blessings.


And now today my husband and I celebrate thirty-three years of marriage...I am truly grateful, thankful and and blessed!  


Such a special day calls for a very special poem, and poet Mary Oliver comes through again with words that may come from her pen, but resonate forever in my heart...

I Have Just Said

I have just said
something
ridiculous to you
and in response,

your glorious laughter.
These are the days
the sun 
is swimming back

to the east
and the light on the water
gleams
as never, it seems, before.

I can't remember 
every spring,
I can't remember 
everything---
so many years!
Are the morning kisses
the sweetest 
or the evenings

or the inbetweens?
All I know
is that "thank you" should appear
somewhere.

So, just in case
I can't find
the perfect place---
"Thank you, thank you."




No comments:

Post a Comment